Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lilly's Bistro

Apologies for absolutely no pictures of Friday nights' dinner. I loaded the camera with a new card, thought about pictures all day, skimmed through my new book, 'Digital Food Photography', and still, nothing. I apologize.
Moving on, the food was amazing. My appetizer was a tapas with a little pork burger, lamb skewer, and a chunk of battered rabbit. It was delicious. The salad was a grilled Caesar with calamari. The charred bits of romaine were so tasty that I ate all the grilled bits first. The calamari had a bare bit of crunchy batter which perfectly accented their tenderness. The tiniest tentacles I had ever seen were almost too cute to eat, but I did. Then, the entree was the "God Bless Our Farmers" plate. Mushrooms were encased in tender pasta tubes topped with micro greens. They were laying on top of a cauliflower puree that was so flavorful I ate all of it first. The dessert was chocolate lava cake in a pool of caramel. Delicious, but the only off-note of the evening was the caramel which was grainy.
Kathy Cary stopped by and said hello which totally made my night. Please go look at the restaurant's website, www.lillyslapeche.com. I think you will be impressed by the beautiful food photography and all the good things she is doing not only at the restaurant, but in the community too.

No comments:

Post a Comment